Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Game Design Want to design your own video games? Let expert Scott Rogers show you how!IN DETAIL of Level Up
- If you want to design and build cutting-edge video games but aren’t sure where to start, then the SECOND EDITION of the acclaimed Level Up! is for you! Written by leading video game expert Scott Rogers, who has designed the hits Pac Man World, Maximo and SpongeBob Squarepants, this updated edition provides clear and well-thought out examples that forgo theoretical gobbledygook with charmingly illustrated concepts and solutions based on years of professional experience.
- Level Up! 2nd Edition has been NEWLY EXPANDED to teach you how to develop marketable ideas, learn what perils and pitfalls await during a game’s pre-production, production and post-production stages, and provide even more creative ideas to serve as fuel for your own projects including:
- Developing your game design from the spark of inspiration all the way to production
Learning how to design the most exciting levels, the most precise controls, and the fiercest foes that will keep your players challenged
Creating games for mobile and console systems – including detailed rules for touch and motion controls
Monetizing your game from the design up
Writing effective and professional design documents with the help of brand new examples
- Level Up! 2nd Edition is includes all-new content, an introduction by David “God of War” Jaffe and even a brand-new chili recipe –making it an even more indispensable guide for video game designers both “in the field” and the classroom.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 3D in Photoshop: The Ultimate Guide for Creative Professionals
The Photoshop CS5 Pocket GuideChance and Luck: The Laws of Luck, Coincidences, Wagers, Lotteries, and the
Art Models Complete Collection 1-8
3D Printing for Architects with MakerBot
Avid Xpress Pro Power!
Designing with Glass: Great Glass Buildings
Web Comics for Teens by Michael Duggan
Graffiti World: Street Art from Five Continents
Digital Art Tutorial: Digital Painting Photo Real
About the Authors
- After discovering that game designers have more fun, Scott Rogers embarked on a 20-year-(and counting) career in video games. He has helped design many successful video games including: Pac-Man World, the Maximo series, God of War, Drawn to Life series and Darksiders. Scott is currently an imaginer for Walt Disney Imagineering and lives just outside Los Angeles with his lovely wife, two children and many, many action figures, comic books, video and board games.