Highly regarded for its accessible writing and practical case studies, Control Systems Engineering is the most widely adopted textbook for this core course in Mechanical and Electrical engineering programs. This new sixth edition has been revised and updated with 20% new problems and greater emphasis on computer-aided design.
Close the loop between your lectures and the lab!
- Integrated throughout the Nise text are 10 virtual experiments, which enable students to implement the design-simulate-prototype workflow of practicing engineers. Powered by LabVIEW software and simulations of Quanser’s lab plants, the virtual labs enable students to apply concepts to virtual systems, implement control solutions and evaluate their results. The virtual labs deepen the homework learning experience and prepare students to make more effective use of their time in the lab. Empower your students to take control of their learning with virtual labs accessible anywhere internet is available!
- Visit www.quansercontrollabs.com for additional information related to Quanser.
Home / Engineering & Materials Science / Electrical & Electronics Engineering / Control Systems Technology
Control Systems Engineering, 6th Edition
Norman S. Nise
December 2010, ©2011
Control Systems Engineering, 6th Edition (EHEP001820) cover image
Request Evaluation Copy
Study Resources and more…
- Highly regarded for its accessible writing and practical case studies, Control Systems Engineering is the most widely adopted textbook for this core course in Mechanical and Electrical engineering programs. This new sixth edition has been revised and updated with 20% new problems and greater emphasis on computer-aided design.
Table of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION.
- 2. MODELING IN THE FREQUENCY DOMAIN.
- 3. MODELING IN THE TIME DOMAIN.
- 4. TIME RESPONSE.
- 5. REDUCTION OF MULTIPLE SUBSYSTEMS.
- 6. STABILITY.
- 7. STEADY-STATE ERRORS.
- 8. ROOT LOCUS TECHNIQUES.
- 9. DESIGN VIA ROOT LOCUS.
- 10. FREQUENCY RESPONSE TECHNIQUES.
- 11. DESIGN VIA FREQUENCY RESPONSE.
- 12. DESIGN VIA STATE SPACE.
- 13. DIGITAL CONTROL SYSTEMS.
- Appendix A List of Symbols.
- Appendix B MATLAB Tutorial.
- Appendix C MATLAB’s Simulink Tutorial.
- Appendix D LabVIEW Tutorial.
- Answers to Selected Problems.
- Appendix E MATLAB’s GUI Tools Tutorial (Online).
- Appendix F MATLAB’s Symbolic Math Toolbox Tutorial (Online).
- Appendix G Matrices, Determinants, and Systems of Equations (Online).
- Appendix H Control System Computational Aids (Online).
- Appendix I Derivation of a Schematic for a DC Motor (Online).
- Appendix J Derivation of the Time Domain Solution of State Equations (Online).
- Appendix K Solution of State Equations for t0 6¼ 0 (Online).
- Appendix L Derivation of Similarity Transformations (Online).
- Appendix M Root Locus Rules: Derivations (Online).
- Control Systems Engineering Toolbox (Online).
- Cyber Exploration Laboratory Experiments Covers Sheets (Online).
- Lecture Graphics (Online).
- Solutions to Skill-Assessment Exercises (Online).