Learn GameMaker Game Programming with GML Language programming concepts and script integration with GameMaker: Studio through hands-on, playable examples with this book and ebook.
GameMaker Game Programming with GML Free Download programing Textbooks Pdf
Overview of GameMaker Game Programming with GML
- Write and utilize scripts to help organize and speed up your game production workflow
Display important user interface components such as score, health, and lives
Play sound effects and music, and create particle effects to add some spice to your projects
Learn how to script common game features: artificial intelligence, collision, reading input, and player feedback
Build your own example match-three puzzle and platform games
In Detail of GameMaker Game Programming with GML
- GameMaker: Studio is a popular game engine used to publish games to a variety of platforms. Although GameMaker: Studio’s drag-and-drop functionality makes creating games simple and fast, utilizing scripts can really help organize and speed up GameMaker’s workflow exponentially.This hands-on guide will help you build a strong foundation in programming in GameMaker Language by taking you through several example games. Knowledge gained by the end of the book can be applied so you can build your own line of exciting games.
What you will learn from this book
- Create script resources as well as custom scripts for events
Learn how to import, compress, and play sound effects and background music
- Build particle effect systems to give games a little extra flare
Track and display user interface elements such as health and scoring
- Program and interact with simple yet challenging artificial intelligence.
- Read player input from a variety of sources
- Utilize alarms to create a clean series of events
- Establish a finite state machine to track a character’s current state
- Complete easy and fun games from start to finish
- A step-by-step approach to build your knowledge, starting from a simple “hello world” to discovering arrays, classes, and so on. Each learning point is explained in a practical way, carrying out tasks within the GameMaker development environment.
About the Authors
- Matthew DeLucas. He graduated from The Art Institute of Pittsburgh in the Fall of 2008 from their Game Art and Design program receiving a Bachelors of Science degree. There He learned a wide variety of skills in many areas: illustration, 3D modeling and animation, writing, programming, and more. Most of these skills revolved around video games, particularly their design and production.
- After graduating, He continued strengthening these skills, interning at a small, start-up company that created a 3D browser-based game engine called WildPockets where He developed assets and prototyped simple games. Shortly after, He was hired by Schell Games as a Game Engineer and have been there for over four years.
- Though a majority of my work currently involves game scripting, He still put a lot of energy towards improving myself in as many areas as possible. He continue to work independently in platforms such as XNA, Unity 3D, and Flash while also participating in events like the Global Game Jam. Recently, He just published my third Xbox LIVE Indie Games title, Battle High 2, and hope to publish more in the future.